Natomas Follies

VSB - very slow build

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Upper Tailcone Skins

Once I got the trim motor wiring, static port tubing, and pull strings for the stabilator control cables in I added on the upper left side skin...

... and then the upper right side skin: 

And I am out of clecos.  See how spaced apart they are?  Not good.  Fortunately I was able to borrow more from Gawdl Muhrt, another guy that I work with, who picked up a bunch at the same time as me (at half-price due to factory blemishes!) to restore an old Airstream trailer.

In the next step we cut the rudder cable(s) bushing bracket(s) with the bandsaw
and debur with the scotchbrite wheel.  The brackets get riveted inside the upper skins at the very back near the bulkhead.  Snap-in bushing-grommets are inserted and strings are run from the back to the front to pull the rudder cables through later.  Now it's time to start riveting the skins together.  If only Gawdl would let me use his pneumatic pop-rivet gun...

No comments:

Post a Comment