Natomas Follies

VSB - very slow build

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Left wing stored

With help from a neighbor I hung the left wing skeleton from the ceiling to make room for building the right wing skeleton.  Here's a few pictures of it hanging a few inches from the ceiling and slightly overlapping my sadly underused home-built kayak.   Hope the plane doesn't suffer a similar fate.  I really enjoy taking the kayak out on the water for the upper body workout if nothing else, but can never find a potential drowning victim paddler to go out with.  A tandem kayak with only one person in it is quite the sight because the nose is so high out of the water without the extra weight in front. Remember the movie 'Shallow Hal' when Hal goes out on a canoeing date?  It's something like that.  When I take my nine-year old out to the river I have to add an additional 70 lbs of dumbells (rolled up in bubble wrap) in the bow to get the nose down to level in the water.  She uses her kid-sized paddle and I use a 6 foot adult size.  Guess which one of us does all the work.  Still, it's a lot of fun.
Here's the other end of the wing skeleton hanging from a strap of unknown origins.  Based on the Graco tag, it may have secured a baby car seat in its former life but no one seems to remember using it.  The D-ring and O-ring are from Harbor Freight and they're screwed into the ceiling joists with 2.5 inch lag bolts.

And finally the obligatory tunnel shot:

Now I can start on the right wing skeleton.

No comments:

Post a Comment