Natomas Follies

VSB - very slow build

Friday, May 11, 2018

Rudder Pedals Installed

Earlier in the build, 'bout a year ago maybe, I skipped the step for installing the rudder pedal assembly.  I'd read in the VAF forums that it would have to be dropped anyway in order to run coax cables and I didn't want to have to do it twice.  Yesterday I ran the coax from the finish kit, which was easy enough, which took away any excuse I may have had for not installing the pedal assembly.  Or is there?  After several frustrating attempts of trying to get the pedal assembly bolts and washers on in a very difficult-to-reach location I called for backup.  Fortunately my limber, athletic 5'-2" teenage daughter with a black belt in getting at hard-to-reach places was available and able to reach in and get the bolts on for me.

And now rudder pedals are installed!
I have a feeling this won't be the last time I'll need her to build my plane for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment