Natomas Follies

VSB - very slow build

Monday, May 18, 2015

Fuselage Kit Arrives


The red and purple truck came today.  Scheduler said it should arrive sometime between 9:00 and 6:00, which necessitated taking a day off, but the driver actually showed up mid-morning, which made it nice for leaving the rest of the day for chores, honey-dos and a little daddy-nappy.

I was a bit annoyed that the shipping crate was transported on its side when there are "up" arrows clearly painted on the sides of the crate.  At least it was secured with a rope to keep from falling over during shipping.

However the crate arrived undamaged and Van's crating department does such a good job that I think everything packed inside is okay.






Especially since they pack it with a tree's worth of paper to cushion with.

Which my daughter has claimed for her arts and crafts projects.  I estimate that there should be enough there to last 'till college.

Faithful to my miserly tendencies, I rather fancy the idea of using it for everyone's Christmas present wrapping.



We'll see how that works out with the CFO.

No comments:

Post a Comment