Natomas Follies

VSB - very slow build

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

It's 102 and the A/C blower is out

A high pressure system sitting over Nevada that refuses to budge is causing a record run of triple digit weather in Sacramento and elsewhere in the valley.  By the weekend it's supposed to hit 107, but it's a dry heat (snerk).  Naturally this means that the blower on the HVAC system, which is located in the attic of all places, has decided that now would be a good time to quit working.  Since heat rises, the temperature up there is something like 900 degrees.  Merely peering into the attic atop a ladder in the laundry room generates a heat blast that could toast a bagel.  So I'm taking tomorrow morning off to work on the tail assembly.  Not.  I'll be crawling around in the attic, my favorite place to hang out in the summer.  I'm really hoping that's it's just the run capacitor for the blower motor; that I can find the darn thing; that I can swap it out with a new one without too much fuss; and that I can get it all buttoned up before the attic temp reaches "broil".  Otherwise the CFO and PO (precocious offspring) will make me call a pro to fix it before we all sweat to death.  I bet the HVAC repair guys love stagnant high pressure systems.

2 comments:

  1. Just curious, is that a literal 900 degrees? Okay, I'm easily fooled, no way... right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Just feels that way. The attic is not a place you want to be on a hot summer day.

    ReplyDelete