Natomas Follies

VSB - very slow build

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Waiting for Drill Bits & Dimple Dies

The next two steps call for final drilling a bunch of holes on the skin with a #19 drill bit and then dimpling the holes so that the screws that will go in the holes are flush with the skin.  A #19 is halfway between a 5/32nds and a 11/64ths drill bit (which I have) and in this case is the only size that will do.  So I'm on hold 'til I get a couple of 19's ordered and shipped and maybe a few other sizes along with a #8 dimple die set.  It's all good though since the London Olympics have started and I want to watch Michael Phelps kick some butt if for no other reason than to see his "Mom" do another SNL skit ("my son got 8 gold medals - how many did yours get?").  Don't want to go too fast; this is a VSB after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment